Thursday 16 April 2009

Space Scene

Having previously built the space ship, I needed to make a scene for it to go into.
The most suitable idea was to use a desert scene, as this seems to be the most commonly associated place with aliens (think Roswell, Area 51 etc.)
I started with one flat plane. This was to serves as the desert floor, and I stretched this out far so that it would look expansive like the desert.
After this, i added my A character to the scene, and imported the UFO. I then animated the spaceship flying in, using simple animation, with the UFO hovering above the A shape momentarily before zooming off.
Once I had done this animation, i created a cylinder and coloured it green, and changed its opacity to 50% making it translucent.
I then animated this growing downwards from the spaceship engulfing the A shape, an then retracting back up towards the spaceship - thus giving the effect that it was begin beamed from the spaceship.
I then animated the A floating upwards during this beams animation sequence. To do this I used the auto key tool, starting with it simply moving up into the spaceship, and then adding random rotations during this process to give it a more natural feel.
The animation at this stage is shown below:
It is worth noting a few things at this stage:
Currently, the textures are poor, mainly because I am unsure how to evolve them to make them look realistic, secndly, theres a very poor backdrop image and finally, the scene feels empty, as it lacks visual content. This will be all addressed in the following week.

No comments: