Friday 10 April 2009

The piano goes crash

Originally, the piano was going to fall down the stairs, and it would just stop off of camera. The main reason for this, was that I didn't know how to make it do much else. This however changed, when I learnt about the bomb function in 3dsMax.
Following a tutorial I found online from http://www.spoono.com/3ds/tutorials/tutorial.php?id=2 I was able to make the piano explode into small fragments on impact with the wall. By playing further with the bomb settings, i was able to make the wall crack very slightly on impact with piano to add a final touch of realism.
The outcome of the bomb effect is shown below in the screenshot.

1 comment:

3D Animator said...

It looks realistic and colorful 3d model which gave me many ideas.
thanks,
3d Animation
3d Modelling