Thursday 5 February 2009

Animation Paths

In todays lecture we learned about creating animation paths which allow objects or cameras to move along.
First we simply started by creating a spherical shape, switching to 2d shapes afterwards and creating a single linear spline. From this, I then clicked on the animation button in the toolbar above the object displays and then chose constraints > path constraints. From here i then dragged my sphere to the line I created, which attached the object to the line (which was now converted to a linear path) and 3dsMax created a series of keyframes for me.
This functionality will be useful later on, as it will allow me to easily create motion between objects, rather than moving objectsd manually frame by frame.
Next we repeated the above process, however instead of connecting the shape to the spline, I added a camera, and attached it to the spline. This made the camera move which gives off the perspective of someone walking through or maybe a vehicle moving through a scene. Whilst we were assigned the task to create a walkthrough house, I had trouble getting the camera to stay looking at the area I wanted. I found that there is a myriad of options which need to be configured to do this, namely the "follow" checkbox on the right. The other options on this panel allow you to add banks, slow the camera down as well as many other complexed functions.
I produced an animtation of a camera roatating arfound a collection of 3d A shapes.

No comments: