Monday 1 December 2008

Christmas Comes

The month of December was completed swiftly after October.
December shows a wintery scene of a cabin set aside two snowmen and a fir tree. Snow lays on the ground and the feeling of cold runs throughout the image.

The image is made up of three main objects. The first object is the snowman. The creation process for this object can be read about in an earlier post., which I is also more of a tutorial. The second object is the cabin, which is made up of a simple cube, with squares beveled into the surface, to create windows. Creating a pyramid, then adding a roof like texture to it, made the roof. Finally I added a chimney by simply creating a very high cube and adding a brick texture.
The tree was created following a tutorial I found online. It involved a very complex process which started by creating a spiral. This spiral then got extended and drawn out, and I had to apply a filter called “hair and fir.

The hair and fir filter gave me many different options to how I could create the most natural tree, and after changing many settings and trying several colors etc. I finally settled on my final choice, which can be seen in the scene below.

The background image looks familiar to my October scene, as I have used the same image, however I feel that yet again it works well. Shadows have been added to the scene to ensure that most of the light falls on the front of the image allowing you to see the front of the image in full.

No comments: