Saturday 6 December 2008

April.

I had originally planned to create a wintry scene for February. However, after beginning the image, I felt that it would look too much like Christmas, so I decided that I would go forward a few months and create an April scene.
For the April image, there was one image that I found online which inspired me with the creation of the image, this bee:


To create the bee, I started with two spheres, and changed their scales to make them more oblong and flatter. I then added a striped texture immediately after so I could get a feel to how the bee was shaping out.
Then using the 2d shape tool, I drew some wings and gave them depth to make them 3d. They were then retarded to look like wings. I added legs and antennae (made from cylinders rotated) and also added eyes, which were made from two spheres, rescaled and merged.
I then needed add some flowers in the background. Using a very helpful web tutorial, I was able to make some cartoonish feeling daisies very quickly, from simply combining a rescaled cylinder (petals) clones multiple times, and a cylinder for a stem.
Because the images fee was to be cartoony, it made creating textures simpler as I could make them brighter and with more un-natural colours.
I then added lighting from two directions; one from the left and one from the right facing onto the bee. Finally I created a background with mimicked zoomed in, out of focus grass to add effect.
The final image can be seen below:

No comments: