Sunday 16 November 2008

October Comes

My first month was finally completed about a week ago.
In the scene, is a pumpkin patch set against the backdrop of a late October evening.
The processes used to create the entire product are as follows.
Firstly, I created the pumpkin, which involved a standard sphere. From this sphere, I immediately gave it a texture. The reason I did the texture first instead of later was so that I could model the pumpkin off a photo of one I found online.
After this I converted the shape to an editable poly and selected the top segments of the shape. Using the extrude function, I was able to make a realistic looking stalk for the pumpkin – I then selected the segments, and coloured them green to finalise the basic pumpkin shape.
I then continued to sue the extrude function with the rest of the pumpkin. This allowed me to add dents and to give the pumpkin a more natural shape.
In a new document, I then created a single flat plane. This was to serve as the ground. I then gave it a bump map, to make it look rougher and more natural. This was done whilst adding a grassy texture, which was obtained from the Internet.
Next, I imported my pumpkin into the scene. This was then duplicated many times to make a group of pumpkins. I then edited each on individually, similar to the creation process to give them a unique look.
I then created a night background in photoshop , featuring a moon and stars and added it to the render.
I then added a camera to give a more first person perspective to my image, and then I finally added lighting from both sides of the scene to give shadows and to make the scene look more realistic.
The final image is below.

No comments: